Our company strives to maintain and improve every phase of our business and satisfy needs of our customers. All products at our site are available to be shipped - that means we have them in stock and can ship them to you within 3-5 business days after payment clearance.
- Product overview
Cartidin (Diacerein) is indicated for musculoskeletal disorders such as osteoarthritis. It is known as an anthraquinone and the mode of action is disrupting interleukin-1 beta, a type of cytokine protein which acts as a mediator of inflammation and the inflammatory response. This protein also contributes to the problems in cartilage that occur in osteoarthritis. Treatment may help to provide relief from knee pain and act as a symptom modifying medicine.
Cartidin (Diacerein) is provided as 50mg capsules which are administered orally. A medical examination will be conducted by your physician to decide upon the correct dosage regimen. In most cases, physicians will direct the patients to commence treatment with a lower starting dosage for the first 2 to 4 weeks of treatment. Following this, the physician might determine that a slight adjustment in the dosage is required. Under no circumstances should patients take more than the amount recommended to them by their physician.
Use of Cartidin (Diacerein) may trigger side effects in some patients. You must inform the physician providing treatment should this occur. Possible reactions include:
- Loose stools
- Digestive upset
- Discoloration of urine
- Soreness in the stomach
Patients may be directed to stop taking this medicine if diarrhea occurs, due to the fact that it could develop into severe diarrhea. If any serious adverse events occur during treatment, ensure that you consult your physician immediately.
Cartidin (Diacerein) is not considered suitable for use in people who are suffering from diseases of the liver or who have previously been affected by these conditions.
Generally, patients affected by osteoarthritis occurring in the knees or hips is treated with this medicine. It is not used to treat osteoarthritis in the hip which is progressing rapidly.
1. If you have an allergic or hypersensitive reaction, seek emergency medical attention.
2. Possible symptoms include difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, swelling, chest tightness, skin rashes, and hives.
3. This medication should only be used as instructed and prescribed by your physician or pharmacist. Do not alter your dosage unless specifically instructed to do so by either of the above.
4. Dosage and usage often depends on the severity of the condition, as well as the patient’s medical history and current health condition.
5. Before you begin using this medication, ensure your physician is aware of the following:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have any allergies.
- If you have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
- If you are using any other drugs or medication.
- If you are using any vitamins or supplements.