Our company strives to maintain and improve every phase of our business and satisfy needs of our customers. All products at our site are available to be shipped - that means we have them in stock and can ship them to you within 3-5 business days after payment clearance.
- Product overview
Treating HIV infection in combination with other medicines.
Lamivudine is a nucleoside analogue. It works by blocking the growth of HIV.
Do NOT use lamivudine if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in lamivudine
- you have an enlarged liver, abnormal liver function tests, or high levels of lactic acid in the blood (lactic acidosis)
- you are taking emtricitabine, zalcitabine, or another medicine containing lamivudine
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using lamivudine:
Some medical conditions may interact with lamivudine. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of muscle problems, pancreas problems, abnormal blood cell counts, liver disease (eg, hepatitis) or other liver problems (eg, abnormal liver function tests), kidney problems, diabetes, lactic acidosis, or a nerve disorder
- if you are very overweight
- if the patient is a child who has a history of pancreas problems or who has previously taken other medicine for HIV infection
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with lamivudine. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Interferon alfa or ribavirin because severe liver problems may occur
- Emtricitabine, other medicines that contain lamivudine, or trimethoprim because they may increase the risk of lamivudine's side effects
- Zalcitabine because it may decrease lamivudine's effectiveness
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if lamivudine may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.