Our company strives to maintain and improve every phase of our business and satisfy needs of our customers. All products at our site are available to be shipped - that means we have them in stock and can ship them to you within 3-5 business days after payment clearance.
Motilium 10 mg
|Name||Quantity||Price Each||Total Price||Save|
|Motilium 10 mg||90 pills||$0.36 USD||$32.40 USD|
|Motilium 10 mg||180 pills||$0.30 USD|| $54.00 USD |
+ Bonus - 3 pills
|Motilium 10 mg||270 pills||$0.28 USD|| $75.60 USD |
+ Bonus - 6 pills
|Motilium 10 mg||360 pills||$0.27 USD|| $97.20 USD |
+ Bonus - 6 pills
- Product overview
Domperidone works primarily by blocking dopamine receptors found in the upper end of the digestive system. This causes tightening of the muscles at the entry to the stomach, relaxation of the muscles at the exit of the stomach and increased contraction of the muscles in the stomach itself. These actions speed up the passage of food through the stomach into the intestine, which physically helps prevent vomiting and reduces feelings of sickness, bloating and fullness. It also prevents food from flowing the wrong way through the stomach and so prevents reflux (regurgitation of the stomach contents back into the foodpipe).
Domperidone also blocks dopamine receptors found in an area of the brain known as the chemoreceptor trigger zone (CTZ). The CTZ is activated by nerve messages from the stomach when an irritant is present. It is also activated directly by agents circulating in the blood, for example chemotherapy medicines. Once activated, it sends messages to another area of the brain, the vomiting centre, which in turn sends messages to the gut, causing the vomiting reflex. Blocking the dopamine receptors in the CTZ prevents nausea messages from being sent to the vomiting centre. This reduces the sensation of nausea and prevents vomiting.
How do I take Motilium?
- Motilium can be taken up to three times a day. It should not usually be taken for longer than a week at a time.
- The dose that is prescribed depends on the symptoms being treated and will vary from person to person. Always follow the instructions given by your doctor. These will be printed on the dispensing label that your pharmacist has put on the packet of medicine. Do not exceed the prescribed dose.
- Motilium tablets should be swallowed with a drink of water. It is recommended that Motilium tablets are taken before meals, because they can take longer to work if they are taken after meals.
- If you forget to take a dose you should just leave out that dose and take the next dose when it is due. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
Important information about domperidone
- If this medicine is not controlling your symptoms you should let your doctor know. It is important that you do not exceed the prescribed dose.
- If you faint, or feel like your heart is beating very fast or irregularly while you are taking this medicine, it is important to tell your doctor straight away.
Motilium should be used with caution in
- People over 60 years of age.
- People with decreased kidney function.
Motilium should not be used in
- People with heart disease such as heart failure, or a very slow or irregular heartbeat.
- People with an abnormal heart rhythm seen on a heart monitoring trace (ECG) as a "prolonged QT interval" and people taking other medicines that can cause this problem (see end of page for examples).
- People with significant disturbances in the levels of electrolytes (salts such as potassium and magnesium) in their blood.
- People with a cancer of the pituitary gland resulting in over-production of the hormone prolactin (prolactinoma).
- People with conditions in which stimulating movement through the stomach could be harmful, for example if there is bleeding, an abnormal hole (perforation) or a blockage in the stomach or intestines.
- People with moderate to severely decreased liver function.
- Motilium tablets are not suitable for children weighing less than 35kg. (Domperidone suspension will usually be prescribed for these children).
- Motilium tablets contain lactose and should not be taken by people with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy. If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Possible side effects of Motilium
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Just because a side effect is stated here does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
Common (affect between 1 in 10 and 1 in 100 people)
- Dry mouth.
Uncommon (affect between 1 in 100 and 1 in 1000 people)
- Feeling weak.
- Loss of sex drive.
- Breast pain or tenderness.
- Production of breast milk.
Frequency not known
- Itchy nettle-type rash (hives or urticaria).
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat (angioedema).
- Abnormal or uncontrolled movements of the hands, legs, face, eyes, neck or tongue, for example tremor, twitching or stiffness (extrapyramidal effects). Consult a doctor straight away if you notice any symptoms like this.
- Increased level of prolactin (milk producing hormone) in the blood (hyperprolactinaemia). Sometimes this can lead to symptoms such as enlargement of breasts in men (gynaecomastia) or stopping of menstrual periods in women.
- Difficulty passing urine.
- Abnormal heart rhythm, seen as a 'prolonged QT interval' on a heart monitoring trace (ECG).
- Irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia - see important information section above).
- Abnormal liver function.