Our company strives to maintain and improve every phase of our business and satisfy needs of our customers. All products at our site are available to be shipped - that means we have them in stock and can ship them to you within 3-5 business days after payment clearance.
Rulide 150 mg
|Name||Quantity||Price Each||Total Price||Save|
|Rulide 150 mg||30 pills||$1.02 USD||$30.60 USD|
|Rulide 150 mg||60 pills||$0.93 USD|| $55.80 USD |
+ Bonus - 3 pills
|Rulide 150 mg||90 pills||$0.88 USD|| $79.20 USD |
+ Bonus - 6 pills
|Rulide 150 mg||120 pills||$0.82 USD|| $98.40 USD |
+ Bonus - 6 pills
|Rulide 150 mg||180 pills||$0.74 USD|| $133.20 USD |
+ Bonus - 12 pills
|Rulide 150 mg||270 pills||$0.67 USD|| $180.90 USD |
+ Bonus - 12 pills
|Rulide 150 mg||360 pills||$0.63 USD|| $226.80 USD |
+ Bonus - 12 pills
Free AirMail Delivery
- Product overview
What is in this leaflet
This leaflet answers some common questions about Rulide.
It does not contain all the available information. It does not take the place of talking to your doctor or pharmacist.
All medicines have risks and benefits. Your doctor or pharmacist has weighed the risks of you taking this medicine against the benefits they expect it will have for you.
If you have any concerns about taking this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep this leaflet with the medicine. You may need to read it again.
What Rulide is used for
Rulide is used to treat infections in different parts of the body caused by bacteria. For example:
- acute pharyngitis (sore throat and discomfort when swallowing)
- acute bronchitis (infection of the bronchi causing coughing)
- exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
- pneumonia (lung infection characterised by fever, malaise, headache)
- skin and soft tissue infections
- non gonococcal urethritis
- impetigo (bacterial infection causing sores on the skin)
Rulide is an antibiotic that belongs to a group of medicines called macrolides.
These antibiotics work by killing or stopping the growth of the bacteria that are causing your infection.
Rulide, like other antibiotics, does not work against viral infections such as the flu.
Your doctor, however, may prescribe Rulide for another purpose.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about why it has been prescribed for you. This medicine is available only with a doctor's prescription.
This medicine is not addictive.
Before you take it
When you must not take it
Do not take Rulide if you have severe liver problems.
Do not take Rulide if you have an allergy to:
- roxithromycin or any other macrolide antibiotic eg azithromycin, clarithromycin or erythromycin
- any of the ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet
Some symptoms of an allergic reaction include skin rash, itching, shortness of breath or swelling of the face, lips or tongue, which cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing.
Do not take Rulide if you are also taking certain medicines for migraine headache called ergot alkaloids eg Migral, Cafergot, Ergodryl, Dihydergot (not all brands listed).
Ask your doctor if you are not sure if you are taking one of these medicines.
Do not take it after the expiry date (EXP) printed on the pack. If you take it after the expiry date has passed, it may not work as well.
Do not take it if the packaging is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
Before you start to take it
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have allergies to any other substances, such as foods, preservatives or dyes.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant. Like most medicines of this kind, Rulide is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Your doctor or pharmacist will discuss the risks and benefits of taking it if you are pregnant.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed.Rulide passes into breast milk. Your doctor or pharmacist will discuss the risks and benefits of taking it if you are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have or have had any medical conditions, especially the following:
- kidney problems (impaired function)
- liver problems (hepatic cirrhosis with jaundice and/or ascites)
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you plan to have surgery.
If you have not told your doctor or pharmacist about any of the above, tell them before you take Rulide.
Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including medicines that you buy without a prescription from your pharmacy, supermarket or health food store.
Some medicines may be affected by Rulide, or may affect how well Rulide works. These include:
- theophylline (Neulin, Austyn, Theo-dur), a medicine used to treat asthma
- some medicines for migraine headache such as ergotamine (Migral, Ergodryl, Cafergot) or dihydroergotamine (Dihydergot tablets)
- disopyramide (Rythmodan), a medicine to treat irregular heart rhythms
- terfenadine and astemizole, over the counter medicines used to treat allergies
- warfarin (Coumadin, Marevan), a medicine used to prevent blood clots
- digoxin (Lanoxin, Sigmaxin), a medicine used to treat heart failure
- midazolam (Hypnovel, Midazolam Sandoz), used to induce sleep before operations
- cyclosporin (Neoral, Cicoral, Cysporin, Sandimmun), a medicine used to prevent organ transplant rejection or to treat certain problems with the immune system
- cisapride (Prepulsid), a medicine used to treat gastrointestinal problems
- pimozide (Orap), an antipsychotic medicine
These medicines may be affected by Rulide, or may affect how well it works. You may need to use different amounts of your medicine or take different medicines. Your doctor or pharmacist will advise you.
Your doctor or pharmacist has more information on medicines to be careful with or to avoid while taking Rulide.
How to take it
How much to take
The recommended adult dosage is 300mg per day, which may be taken according to one of the following alternative dosage regimens:
- one 300mg tablet once a day, or
- one 150mg tablet twice a day, or
- two 150mg tablets once a day.
However, depending on your condition and how you react to the medicine, your doctor may ask you to take a different dose.
The recommended dosage for children more than 40kg is one 150mg tablet twice daily.
The dosage of Rulide given to children is dependent on the child's weight.
Rulide D should be used for children less than 40kg in weight.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure of the correct dose for you. They will tell you exactly how many to take.
Follow the instructions they give you. If you take the wrong dose, Rulide may not work as well and your problem may not improve.